It looks like I'm finally making my first post on this blog. How exciting! I hope to post lots of photos of all the yummy treats I've been making, plus plenty of other sweet things.
Anyway, I know it's a bit late to be posting St. Patrick's Day photos, but these are the latest batch of cupcakes I've made and this is the first opportunity I've had to upload photos.
My partner asked for something minty for St Patrick's recipe so I decided to try a choc-peppermint cupcake recipe from one of my new recipe books.
I suppose I didn't sift the baking powder through the flour properly, because the cupcakes turned out a little flat and ugly. Next time I'll just try and remember to buy self-raising flour.

They still tasted great, though. They have pieces of after-dinner mint in them that gives them an almost 'cookie-crumb' texture.
I made two different kinds of topping for these.
The first was a green peppermint flavoured icing. Mmmmmm...gooey

For the next topping I tried chocolate buttercream frosting with a touch of Bailey's Irish Cream. It was nice, but i think i preferred the peppermint icing.

Overall, these cakes were tasty, but I was very disappointed by the appearance. I think I'll have to give them another try soon.
That's all from me for now. Until next time, sweet dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment